Browse and download video/music from YouTube
Tubulator is a YouTube browser and video download tool. In addition to offer downloads of YouTube video and audio/music, Tubulator lets you browse YouTube in a way similar to the YouTube website. Search for keywords, and Tubulator gives you the search results. Browse related videos and user channel uploads/favorites - all available via a user interface not much different from your normal web browser.
Search, browse,bookmark and download away!
- Download videos and music by entering the YouTube video URL directly
- Search YouTube videos by keyword, and download your findings
- Browse by user channels, favorites and related videos just as you would do on YouTube
- One-click download and save in convenient media formats
- Tabbed browsing
- Browsing history
Also, you can view the screencast on YouTube, showing most of Tubulator's features.
Tubulator is currently in Beta stage, and will be free until it reaches version 1.0. From then on, it will be shareware.
- YouTube changed their video URL format, so download was not longer possible. The problem caused by this has been fixed.
- youtu.be URLs are now recognized
- Channel URLs with additional parameters are now recognized
Furthermore, I have started a rewrite of the application on another development platform – hence, the validity period is set to 6 months from today, as I do not plan to do any updates (other than critical fixes if necessary) in the current form of the application.
Note: If you are using Mac OS X Mountain Lion and are having problems running the application, you need to allow applications not downloaded via the App Store. This is done in System Preferences -> Security & Privacy. In “Allow applications to be downloaded from”, choose “Anywhere.”
- More reliable recognition of video formats (more videos can be downloaded)
- Full YouTube movies can now be downloaded (with the exception of RTMP-only videos until further notice)
- Support for 720p, 1080p and highres videos if available (Remember to check download quality setting in Preferences!)
- If a video is HD quality, an HD icon is embedded in thumbnails
- Highest available quality is now shown in video detail view
- Preferences window revamped
- More intelligence when picking the correct video URL, which usually results in better media quality
- Download tray: Added estimated remaining time column; added “Copy video URL” popup menu for download items
- Correct popup menu now shows when right right clicking on user name in video detail
Also, I’d like to show a little preview of the video player functionality in the development version:
This version merely extends the software for 90 more days.
The problems due to the format change of YouTube has been solved – version 0.92.3 is now ready for download.
I’m still struggling with getting Tubulator to play nicely with the YouTube format change. I’m removing the download links until resolved – hopefully in a matter of days. My new 9-5 job takes a lot of my time these days, so please be patient.
It seems like YouTube started to encode their videos with Ogg Vorbis on the audio side, which makes audio download fail. I’ll try to fix this during the weekend, and at the same time add some more choices the audio formats.
Have a nice one!
I am currently working on making Tubulator support video playback. Since I am not yet finished with that part, I have uploaded a new version of the application merely extending the expiry date. The version number has not been bumped.
It seems that the download link for the Windows version of Tubulator was broken. This has been fixed.
It took me a day or so to pinpoint the video download problem, caused by a change on the YouTube site.
The problem is fixed in version 0.92.1, which is now ready for download!
It seems like YouTube changed their video URL format, making Tubulator (and probably many other YouTube downloaders) spit out an error message on download. I’m currently trying to find a workaround. Hopefully I’m able to make a new version in a day.
I am removing the download links until this has been resolved.