- More reliable recognition of video formats (more videos can be downloaded)
- Full YouTube movies can now be downloaded (with the exception of RTMP-only videos until further notice)
- Support for 720p, 1080p and highres videos if available (Remember to check download quality setting in Preferences!)
- If a video is HD quality, an HD icon is embedded in thumbnails
- Highest available quality is now shown in video detail view
- Preferences window revamped
- More intelligence when picking the correct video URL, which usually results in better media quality
- Download tray: Added estimated remaining time column; added “Copy video URL” popup menu for download items
- Correct popup menu now shows when right right clicking on user name in video detail
Also, I’d like to show a little preview of the video player functionality in the development version:
Tubulator is a YouTube browser and video download tool. In addition to offer downloads of YouTube video and audio/music, Tubulator lets you browse YouTube in a way similar to the YouTube website. Search for keywords, and Tubulator gives you the search results. Browse related videos and user channel uploads/favorites - all available via a user interface not much different from your normal web browser.
Search, browse,bookmark and download away!
- Download videos and music by entering the YouTube video URL directly
- Search YouTube videos by keyword, and download your findings
- Browse by user channels, favorites and related videos just as you would do on YouTube
- One-click download and save in convenient media formats
- Tabbed browsing
- Browsing history
Also, you can view the screencast on YouTube, showing most of Tubulator's features.
Tubulator is currently in Beta stage, and will be free until it reaches version 1.0. From then on, it will be shareware.